1. Do you make everything in store?
Yes! I love to create beautiful things and I spend hours every day handcrafting my pieces with much love and care. All clutches, sashes, hair pieces and brooches are made from quality materials with much love and care. As everything is handmade by myself, I am happy to accommodate custom variations including different colours, sizes, configurations or embellishments.
2. I would like a piece shipped earlier than the standard timeframe. Is this possible?
If you need a piece shipped before the stated timeframes, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Etsy convo system. I can't guarantee that I will be able to meet your timeframe but I will see what I can do for you. Please note, a rush fee may apply depending on the number of current orders at the time.
3. I would like to purchase a piece in your store but I get paid next week. Can you please reserve it for me?
Yes! I am always happy to reserve pieces for an agreed timeframe. The piece will be shipped once payment has been received and item made within the specified timeframe.
4. How long does it take for a piece to be custom made?
The standard timeframe for pieces vary. Please allow 14 days for your clutch to be made to order, 10-14 days for your fascinator, hair piece or sash, and 7-10 days for your hair flower, unless stated otherwise. Depending on the availability of materials for custom orders, these timeframes may extend but I will keep you well informed of timing in our discussions.
5. Can items in store be made in different colours or sizes?
Most items in store can be made in different colours or sizes. Please let me know which piece you are interested in and I can confirm available colours. If you would like a piece made in a larger size, your order may incur a charge to account for additional materials and time.
6. I would like a hair piece converted into a brooch so I can wear it on a dress. Is that possible?
Most definitely. No problems at all!
7. What attachments are available for hair pieces?
You are welcome to choose between small alligator hair clips (with teeth), barrettes, hair combs or bobby pins. Some pieces work better with certain attachments so I'm happy to provide a recommendation.
8. I would like a piece custom designed specifically for me. Can you do that?
Yes! I would love to work with you to create the perfect piece. All you need to do is let me know what details you like based on items you see in store and I will get back to you with a quote.
9. Can you make an item in your sold items as it is no longer listed in store?
Subject to available materials, most items in my sold items can be made to order. Please let me know which piece you're interested in and I can confirm availability of materials.
10. I saw a piece that I love but it was made by another designer. Can you recreate it?
No. I respect the intellectual property and creativity of other designers and artists so I am unable to recreate pieces designed by others.
11. How long does shipping take from Australia?
Please allow 10 business days for shipping from Australia to international destinations including the US, Canada, UK, Asia and Europe. If you would like to purchase a piece for your upcoming wedding, I would recommend you purchase shipping via Express Courier International which is a registered and trackable service and takes 3-5 business days. Please note I cannot be held responsible for packages which are delayed or lost in the mail. Customers should be aware of the customs/clearances fees and charges of their home country.
12. Do you combine shipping?
Yes, I am more than happy to combine shipping.
13. What is the difference between Regular International Air Mail, Registered International Mail and Express Courier International?
This is a very common question. I have listed the differences below for your information.
Regular International Air Mail: 10 business days, untrackable and unregistered, most economical
Registered International Air Mail: 10 business days, untrackable but registered
Express Courier International: 3-5 business days, trackable and registered
14. I would like an order shipped via Express Post but I don't live in Australia. How much will it cost?
To ship a package from Australia to an overseas destination via an express service, I would recommend Express Courier International (ECI). ECI is a registered and trackable service and takes 3-5 days for delivery. Please contact me for prices.
15. Can I get a refund or exchange?
Please choose your items carefully as I am unable to offer refunds or exchanges if you change your mind after your order has been shipped. I always ensure items listed are described as accurately as possible. Please ensure you read the item listing, noting dimensions and colours. Please note colours may vary between computer screens. Due to the nature of custom orders, I am unable to accept refunds or exchanges on custom requests.
16. Do you accept wholesale orders?
From March 2011, Percy Handmade will be accepting wholesale orders. Consignment arrangements will not be entered into. To ensure that Percy Handmade products are sold in venues that align with Percy Handmade's style and aesthetic, please ensure you provide your business name, website details and other information to email@example.com with the subject 'Wholesale enquiry'. I look forward to working with you!