I stumbled across a fabulous tutorial on how to create your own side chignon on the Martha Stewart website. I love vintage inspired hair styles which still have a modern twist. The best thing about the side chignon and is that it's effortlessly stylish, incredibly feminine and would suit most face shapes.
I love it!
There are few easy steps as described on Martha Stewart:
1. Using a round brush, blow-dry hair smooth and straight, focusing on the top sections.
2. Once dry, use a large-barrel curling iron to create waves from the ears down.
3. Build height and volume at the crown by teasing hair gently with a fine-tooth comb.
4. Gather hair into a low ponytail; twist it along the nape of your neck, pinning as you go.
5. Once you reach your ear, shape the remaining hair into curls, and pin them back over.
6. Hairspray in place. To add texture, gently curl and scrunch the wispy ends with your fingertips.