at home: hot air balloons on a winter's morning

Friday, August 13, 2010



I'm awfully jealous of everyone up in the northern hemisphere. Down here in Australia we're in the middle of winter and I can assure you, I'm really looking forward to the warm weather again.

This morning when I was eating breakfast staring out the kitchen window, I noticed some hot air balloons in the far distance.  One thing I absolutely love about my hometown of Canberra is the skyline on a winter's morning.  More often than not, you'll see some hot air balloons in the distance, hovering above Lake Burley Griffin.   It's a gorgeous sight and I managed to snap some quick photos with my frozen fingers =) What a great way to start the day!

1 comment:

Em Callaghan said...

It's one of my favourite things about Canberra too. Love love love the Balloon Festival...we get up before the sun and head down to Old Parliament House to see them lifting off. Great fun...even if we freeze.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...